The European House – Ambrosetti is a professional group operating since 1965. It is the #1 Italian Private Think Tank, 4th in Europe and one of the most respected and independent institutions in over 100 countries worldwide, according to a University of Pennsylvania study.
Every year, it provides 1,200 clients with Management Consulting Services and tailored projects spanning thirteen thematic areas. It also carries out more than 200 Strategic Studies and Scenarios, addressed to key institutions and companies. About 3,000 international experts are involved every year in the 500 events organized for 15,000 managers that are enrolled in our business programs.
For 47 years, it has been organizing the event “Intelligence on the World, Europe, and Italy”, an international forum for debate on major current issues, commonly known as the Cernobbio Forum because of the location that traditionally hosts it.
The African Affairs area designs and implements high-level events and key initiatives, mainly in South Africa.
Key activities include the “Southern Africa Europe CEO Dialogue”—an annual international Summit (in its 9 th year)— and the “CEO Community African Chapter,” an influential club of CEOs in Southern Africa. Both platforms help top-level business and institutional leaders to share ideas, build new and solid partnerships and learn more about the business opportunities in the current framework of European-African relations, particularly in the SADC.
In order to further grow the African Affairs Division, we are looking for a highly-motivated individual with proven business development skills to be based in Johannesburg and work from the Ambrosetti Office in Johannesburg.
The selected applicant will provide strategic support to the Head of the Africa region for developing the Group’s activities in South Africa, especially with respect to the activities aimed at securing new sponsors of the “Southern Africa Europe CEO Dialogue” as well as new corporate members of the “CEO Community African Chapter”.
The candidate, who will be based in Johannesburg, will work closely with the African Affairs team and he/she will be primarily responsible for:
- Meeting and targeting new South African companies as sponsors of the CEO Dialogue
- Meeting and targeting new key CEOs operating in South Africa as corporate members of the CEO
- Managing on-going contact with clients and act as their key liaison
- Drafting related proposals and contract letters
- Managing invoices and follow-up with clients
- Master’s degree in Economics, Business, Engineering, Political Science or another relevant discipline
- At least five to ten years of work experience in business development, sales and corporate affairs
- South African citizenship (preferably a woman)
- Capacity to develop high-level relationships with top business leaders and corporate leaders
- Ability to handle heavy workloads and particularly intense periods
- Ability to work as a team and relate positively in the professional environment
- Ability to manage priorities and complex projects
- Aptitude for interpersonal relations and sensitivity to international issues
- Curiosity and open-mindedness, elements fundamental to the distinctiveness of our programs
- If you are interested, please send your resume to Pietro Mininni at email@example.com