Southern Wind Shipyard builds luxury sailing yachts for the global market. The yachts are of contemporary Italian design and built with South African craftsmanship.
A minimum N3 in mechanical subjects incorporating a recognized apprenticeship is required, or a post-matric qualification with mechanical fitting. Alternatively- applicants with extensive experience in superyacht maintenance/fit-out will also be considered.
The successful incumbent must have exposure to the boatbuilding industry. Preference will be given to candidates with proven track records in the yacht building industry.
The duties will include but are not limited to: mixing glue (epoxy), fitting marine hardware i.e. blocks, winches & internal fittings.
Must have the ability to:
- Read, understand, and interpret drawings and specifications
- Communicate effectively at all levels
- Improve production efficiency
- Maintain SWS quality standards
- Use initiative, be self-motivated, flexible and work under pressure
- Be available at any time to meet the production deadline
- Must have a high work ethic
If you are interested, please send your CV to Elena Caputo at firstname.lastname@example.org