An Italian Retirement home with around 60 residents situated in Essexwold is looking for a strong manager to run the home. Direct reports into the position would be the Matron, the Catering Manager, Head of Housekeeping and the Accountant.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide leadership for an effective and efficient administration and management of the home
• Ensures compliance with applicable policies, legislation and procedures with a view to achieve the overall goals and objectives of the home.
• Manage the home at an operational level by assisting in the development of innovative strategies which will enhance and advance objectives in line with its vision/mission.
• Submit timely and accurate reports to the Department of Welfare and Italian consulate, as well as to the committee and trustees on a monthly, quarterly, half yearly and yearly basis.
• Assist in overseeing continued strong relation with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the correct focus and support for the home.
• Embrace, Support and Promote the Italian culture within the home.
• Efficiently and effectively manage the assets and resources of the home
• Enhance the effective of employees in order for staff achievement of objectives
• Financial Management and control. Ensure the home has quality report on the functions and performance, which are factual accurate and complete, timely and contributes to, and support the overall reporting requirements.
• Liaising with Labour Unions and dealing with the HR aspect of the home
• Promotes the collaboration between departments so that a strong Family environment exists to better serve the residents and all stakeholders
• Correspond with enquiries telephonically, via email as well as physically to ultimately turn the enquiry into a resident with the related controls, reports and checks required
Experience, Traits and Skills
• Strong proven leadership skills
• 5plus years relevant experience in Customer Services environment as a manager;
• Support the home’s core values;
• Sound Knowledge of LRA
• Understanding of the Old Person’s Act would be advantageous
• Preferably Speaks Italian or another Latin language, and is prepared to learn conversational Italian
• High empathy, compassionate but must be able to be emotionally strong
• Computer skills
• Excellent report writing skills
• Ability to manage time and delegate well
• Excellent organisational skills
• Good communication skills
• Ability to negotiate
• Honest, Transparent and high on ethics
• Agility and can think strategically • Ability to delegate effectively
If you are interested, please send your CV to Giuliana Pedregal at email@example.com.